I had a good experience when I bought a Fender from Forbes Store Lahore, which was the reason I tried it once again. But this time around they missed a trick or two. Or were completely fraudulent.
There’s no doubt that they are selling copies of original guitars and that’s understandable. But the problem arises when you try to cut too many corners and fleece your customer by selling 3rd class copies of the original product.
Needless to say, I’ll be returning the guitar. You don’t pay a whopping Rs.28,000 for a guitar and get something which you can have for merely Rs.7000-8000.
Forbes Lahore really have to make amends if they are to revive their reputation which has plummeted to the abyss after this fiasco.
- It looks a remarkable similar to the original Epiphone J-200 EC Studio Acoustic Guitar
Unfortunately that’s the only good thing about this guitar.
- There’s no Preamp. That is the biggest flaw. It was written clearly in the description that it had a Fishman Sandtone. In fact the original one has a preamp as well. This model is actually a semi-acoustic. Is liye kehtay hain Naqal ke liye bhi Aqal chahiye.
- There’s a fret buzz both at the 1st and 2nd These two points alone warrant a return to the seller immediately.
- The finishing of the overall guitar is really questionable, especially the soundhole and the fretboard where it joins the neck. Just look at the screenshots. You’ll know instantly.
- The fretboard wasn’t even packaged properly with anything. It came naked without any covering. This is the first time I’ve seen such indifferent and callous attitude when delivering a guitar.
- The tuning pegs are made of plastic. That too of inferior quality. The original one had chrome-casted. It’s not that they are made of plastic. The plastic ones are not sturdy enough and get out of tune after just a few hours of playing.
The Epiphone J-200 EC Studio Acoustic Guitar I bought from Forbes Store on Daraz.pk was a cheap replica of the original one devoid of any decent quality.